The Overture Base Theme provides additional context such as land and water that are critical to rendering a complete basemap. These features are currently derived from the Daylight Earth Tables schema and include the Daylight Coastlines.
Key Schema Design Choices
- Basic classification of features into type, subType, and class where appropriate.
- Parsing and normalization of common OSM tags, such as
- Extraction of consistent OSM tags, such as wikidata to top-level properties.
- Direct pass-through of remaining relevant OSM tags.
- land: Physical representations of land surfaces. Global land derived from the inverse of OSM Coastlines. Translates
naturaltags from OpenStreetMap.
- landUse: Classifications of the human use of a section of land. Translates
landusefrom OpenStreetMap tag from OpenStreetMap.
- water: Physical representations of inland and ocean marine surfaces. Translates
waterwaytags from OpenStreetMap.